We’re working hard to make your privacy and rights are understandable for students. Explore each of the sections below to find out more.
Please read the following important terms carefully.
Check that you agree with them before signing up with UpSkill Me:
If there is anything in these terms that you do not understand or are unsure about, you should ask a trusted adult for help.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us at email@example.com
You must be at least 11 years old and live in the UK to use UpskillMe.
If you do not agree to these terms, do not sign up to UpskillMe.
UpskillMe is an online platform allowing students in Years 7 to 13 to develop, record and showcase their skills to universities and employers.
It will allow you to record, track and reflect on your achievements skills growth. It will also give you access to information about work experience, career events, learning opportunities and resources.
1. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
We are Upskill Global Limited. We are the company operating the UpskillMe platform. The best way to contact us is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the ‘Get in touch’ buttons in UpskillMe. Our postal address is: 19 Beaulieu Avenue, London, SE26 6PN.
If we need to contact you, we will do so using your school email or the telephone number we hold for you on your UpskillMe account.
3. WHO CAN JOIN UpskillMe
Currently, only students in Years 7 to 13 from schools in the UK that are part of the UpskillMe programme can join UpskillMe.
You can check if your school participates in our programme by searching for their name on our sign up page.
If you cannot find your school and are still interested in using UpskillMe, please get in touch with us.
4. YOUR UpskillMe ACCOUNT
You must sign up for an UpskillMe account on our website to use UpskillMe. You can either do that by following the link in the invitation sent to you by your teacher, or by visiting our website at https://upskillme.io and selecting your school on our online registration form.
You may only create one UpskillMe account.
You must choose a strong password. You must keep your Upskill Me account and password secure. You must not give access to your Upskill Me account or password to anyone except your parents or guardians. If you think that anyone else has accessed your UpskillMe
account or knows your password, let us know as soon as possible. We will never ask you for your password when emailing or texting you.
A strong password:
• doesn't include any information that can be easily guessed, for example your name or the word ‘Password’
• has at least 8 characters
• has a mixture or both uppercase and lowercase letters
• includes letters and numbers
5. YOUR PRIVACY
When signing up for and using UpskillMe, you will be providing us with information about you. For example, your name, contact details, age,
subjects studied, achievements, skills, goals, and interests.
Some of that information is necessary, as without it we cannot enable you to use UpskillMe. Other information is optional and you can decide
how much to provide and share with universities and employers.
Please read our . It explains what personal data about you we will collect and how we will use it. It also sets out
what data protection rights you have. If that notice is too basic for you, you can learn more by reading our full.
6. OUR SERVICES AND HOW YOU CAN USE UpskillMe
We will provide you with free of charge access to UpskillMe and its student user features. UpskillMe comes in three versions:
- Limited, for students in Years 7-8
- Basic, for students in Years 9-11
- Advanced, for students in Years 12-13
No matter how old you are, you can use UpskillMe to record your achievements, qualifications and interests. You can set and track your goals, earn points and badges, and access e-learning resources. You will also receive from us information about work experience, career events and other opportunities at the universities and employers we work with.
If you are in Years 9 – 11 you will also have the choice to join the employer talent pool available on UpskillMe.
If you are in Years 12-13 you can also create your public employment profile and use it to showcase your qualifications and achievements and to apply for job and other career opportunities using UpskillMe.
7. ACCEPTABLE USE RULES
We want UpskillMe to be safe and secure for everyone using it. Therefore, you and everyone else using UpskillMe must not do anything that can harm other UpskillMe users or their computer systems, the UpskillMe platform or our business.
You must also not permit anyone else to breach these rules, for example by giving them access to your UpskillMe account.
When using UpskillMe:
- You must follow the community rules in section 8 below.
- You must not do anything that is unlawful.
- You must not use someone else’s personal information without their permission. For example, you must ask your referee for permission
- before putting their details on your CV.
- You must not copy someone else’s work without their permission. For example, don’t upload to UpskillMe pictures or videos taken by
- someone else unless you have their permission.
- You must not access or attempt to access any data you do not have permission to access. For example, don’t try hacking into our systems.
- You must not upload any viruses or do anything else that could disable or disrupt the security or the proper working of UpskillMe, our
- website, network or equipment.
- You must not access or collect any data from UpskillMe or our website using automated means. Don’t use bots or scrape data from our website.
- You must not reproduce, duplicate or copy any part of UpskillMe or our website.
We may block your access to UpskillMe if you breach these rules.
8. COMMUNITY RULES
These rules apply to anything you post, enter or upload to UpskillMe. We will call this ‘your content’. In short, you must not do anything that is harmful, inappropriate or illegal. This includes the types of things that are listed below.
Your content must:
- be accurate and not be misleading or deceptive (for example, impersonate another person or be fake)
- not be inappropriate (for example, rude, abusive, offensive, disruptive or hateful)
- not insult, bully, intimidate or humiliate any person
- not harm or put any children at risk
- not be illegal or encourage or glamourise illegal activity (for example, violence)
- not be discriminatory or promote discrimination (for example based on race, gender, disability, religion)
- not damage someone’s reputation
- not link to content that breaches these community rules
- not contain spam, unwanted or viral advertising
We may remove anything that doesn’t comply with these rules.
9. SECURITY, AVAILABILITY, UPDATES AND CHANGES TO Upskill Me
The use of internet is never completely secure. You need to protect yourself by appropriate configuration of your computer or mobile device, updating your system and software and using anti-virus software. Ask your parents or guardians for help.
We will use reasonable skill and care to keep UpskillMe available, safe, secure and error-free but cannot promise that it will always be the case.
For example, it may become temporarily unavailable for maintenance, repairs, updates, upgrades, or due to network or equipment failures.
From time to time, we may automatically update UpskillMe to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system, address security issues or implement new versions.
- send you a warning
- remove your content
- temporarily or permanently block your access to UpskillMe
- if your breach is very serious, take legal action against you or your parent or guardian.